Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Antique Show Blog Roundup

A collection of blog posts and pictures from the 27th Annual AmVets Antique Show.



Blackbird-designs

Update from Walnut:

Well.....all I can say is it was wonderful. The entire main street of the town is closed down for the event. Vendors line up on both sides of the street, park their vans, trailers and campers and set up shop.

It rained two times during the weekend. But the vendors braved the weather and opened up again after each rain. Some of the vendors camp right there on the main street. The side streets are filled up as well as the street parallel to main street. If that's not enough for you, the school and VFW buildings are full too. I literally walked until I thought I would drop....and then went back for pictures.

Click Here for More...


SimplyIowa

A Simply Wonderful Weekend

I'M BACK! And Wow what a Show!

I had a fabulous show, met tons of wonderful folk, many fellow bloggers!!!! And, I'd do it all over again!

Read More Here...



Julie Reed

Father's Day at Walnut:

As the AmVets Antique Show in Walnut, Iowa is scheduled every year on Father's Day and I don't live close enough to my dad to visit for the day, I can't help but think of him as I peruse the different shops and vendor's booths at the show ~ especially as antique shopping is something we both enjoy. So, I thought, in honor of my dad I would do a post of things I saw that reminded me of him in some way or another.


CEVEGO

Walnut Iowa - Antique City




I've known for a while that there was this town off of I-80 where there were lots of antique stores, and while I'm not at a point where I'm buying stuff for my house anymore, I do enjoy an occasional stroll through an antique store and it's one of Iowa's travel/tourist detsinations. Hence, the stop in Walnut - Iowa's Antique City.

ell, I either picked the perfect weekend or the worst time to come to Walnut, depending on your thoughts on antiques. Just last week I heard there was a big "Antique Walk" going on with hundreds of dealers. Apparently I didn't grasp the enormity of this event, but I am not exaggerating when I say THE ENTIRE TOWN was COVERED with antique dealers; residential streets, church lawns/parking lots, the business district, ball fields .... It was antique-palooza craziness.



No comments: